1. Car Interior Materials
To prove a point, listed below are the many materials that are used in today’s vehicles so you can get an idea of how complicated proper and professional interior cleaning is:
• Headliners – fabric or plastic• Seats – all types of synthetic fabric, leather or vinyl, plastic edges
• Dashboards – vinyl, plastic• Panels – clear plastic covering• Car for rent
pets – almost all automotive carpet is nylon• Console và Glove Boxes – interior material• Door Panels – plastic, vinyl, carpet material• Glass – plain, tinted, film covered• Woodgrain Trim• Carbon Fiber Trim• Painted Surfaces
2. Knowledge of Car Interior Detailing
A true “ professional ” will be able lớn identify all of the materials, và not only understand the nature of the material but identify cleaning problems & have the tools, chemicals, và knowledge of correction procedures. It should không bao giờ be, “ trial & error ”, which has been the modus operand of the detailer. Try something & if it works, great. I would hate Khủng think my bác sĩ worked on my body toàn thân with that kind of mentality. To make ananalogy. The bác sỹ is educated & proven he understands every organ in the body toàn thân ; he has the knowledge of every disease that can affect the organs & inmost cases, is knowledgeable on how béo correct the problem. On the other hand, if he is not able, he should refer you bự a “ specialist ” that knows how Khủng treat something he can’t. Let us use an example closer lớn trang chính. The tự động mechanic. You bring him your vehicle that is not operating properly. He asks you phệ tell him what is happening và then he will bởi vì a couple of things :• Listen bự the car• Take it for a kiểm tra drive béo ascertain the problem• Put it on the computer Khủng see what it says In short, he diagnoses the problem bự determine how bự fix it. Then, a professional tự động hóa repair specialist will have all of the equipment, tools, & access bự the supplies và chemicals they need Khủng repair the problem .
3. Detailing Equipment, Tools, Supplies & Chemicals
A true professional detailer will not only have the knowledge of the materials he will be working with và the knowledge of how phệ correct the problem, but he will have all of the equipment, tools, supplies, & chemicals required phệ make the correction. It does not make much sense Khủng know your materials, be able bự identify the problem, & know how bự correct it but not have the necessary equipment, tools, supplies, và chemicals lớn bởi vì the cleaning & correction. Unfortunately, that is all too often the case with detailers. Their excuse is, “ I can’t afford everything I need ”, or “ I don’t need it ”, ( an excuse for not being able béo afford it ). Unfortunately, because any Tom, Dick, or Harriet can hotline themselves a detailer with nothing more than a bottle of waterless wash ; a $ 39.95 shop vacuum ; maybe a buffing or polishing công cụ và some chemicals the industry struggles phệ have identifiable standards. Even those who can afford béo have some equipment, tools, supplies, và chemicals bởi vì not have all they need & vì not have the true knowledge of what they are doing. No training .Just the other day I conversed with a local điện thoại operator who called himself– XXXX Detail. In reality, all the person was doing is washing the vehicle with waterless wash ; vacuuming the interior ; had a home-style Bissel carpet cleaner và some towels và chemicals. He really believed that he was providing polymer protection & shine on the vehicle finish with the waterless wash. He knew nothing about paint finishes, or the chemicals used Khủng correct paint finish problems. He did not have nor know how béo use even an orbital waxer. He knew even less about the interior of a vehicle other than there were carpets, leather, or vinyl seats. Yet, he was calling himself a detailer .
3.1 Full list of detailing Equipment:
So what equipment do you need to clean and detail today’s interiors? The following list is what every detailer who claims to be a professional should have in their tool arsenal:
• Powerful Vacuum• Heated Soil Extractor• Vapor Steamer• Ozone Generator or Fogger• Interior Dryer
3.2 Full list of detailing Tools:
• Shampooer Tool – air or electric – Steamer or Vaporiser• Nylon Scrub Brushes• Parts Cleaning Brush• Detail Brushes• Detail Tool Brushes• Razor Blade Scraper Ozon Generator
3.3 Full list of detailing Supplies:
• Microfiber Towels – one for glass, one for chemicals• Q-Tips• Scrubbie Pads• Dressing Applicator Pads• Floor mats – either plastic or coated-paper• Seat covers• Loose Items Bags• Plastic or Metal Razors
4. Detailing Chemicals
The professional philosophy regarding chemical use is this : “ use chemicals for what they were formulated lớn be used for ”. Carpet shampoo for carpets, glass cleaner for glass, extractor shampoo for use in an extractor, leather cleaners for leathers, & etc. As obvious as this might seem, far too many detailers use a degreaser, which is formulated Khủng “ burn ” dirt off metal engine parts as a carpet & interior cleaner. Of course, it works. Joy could be used bự wash your hair, but you would not, or should not vì that because of the damage phệ scalp và hair .
• Stain Removers for all types of stains
• Extractor Shampoo – a no-foam shampoo• Carpet Shampoo – foaming type• All-Purpose Cleaner – a low pH alkaline cleaner for leather, vinyl, plastic• Glass Cleaner• Water-Based Dressing• Leather Conditioner• Fabric Protectant – anti-stain treatment• Fragrance• Biological Odor EliminatorKeep in mind that you bởi not absolutely need every piece of equipment, such as a vapor steamer, but they play a huge part in getting a more effective & faster cleaning. Nor bởi vì you need an ozone generator, but it is very effective in eliminating odor .
Learn more about full set of equipment, tools and cleaning materials needed for mobile detailing
5. Standard Operating Procedures for Car Interior Detailing
Even with all of the right equipment, tools, supplies, & chemicals at hand, if you bởi not have proper procedures this can be useless if you or your employees miss or skip steps in the cleaning và shampooing process. For that reason, as well as reducing the phút giây lớn complete the job, you need a step-by-step procedure for a complete interior detail. There can be many ways Khủng detail an interior, but the one below was developed from a giây phút & motion point of view lớn ensure that each và every part of the interior is cleaned or shampooed & treated with the least amount of wasted motion & phút giây .
6. Complete guide with all INTERIOR CLEANING STEPS
6.1 Preliminary Steps
1. Read the Service Order for instructions2. Open doors và evaluate the condition of interiortam. Remove floor mats ( front và back & give mập the person cleaning trunk OR clean / shampoo immediately và place near the rear of the vehicle phệ drybốn. Push the front seat all the way back5. Use a bag béo store leftover items ( front và back ), use a separate bag for the glove box, và one for the console. Set bags on the rear seat. 6. Remove ashtrays ( front và back ), clean, và dry. Before replacing, clean area around ashtray .7. Flip lao dốc sun visorstám. With the air blower or if you have a steamer, blow out the entire interior ( front và back ) concentrating on the dash, panel, vents, under seats và cracks, và crevices in seats9. Vacuum the entire interior – carpets, seats, panels, etc .10 a. If you have Steamer, quickly go through dirtiest spots bự break it và make much easier bự remove .10 b. Apply appropriate spot remover ( front và back ) bự all heavy spots on carpets, seats, door panels, etc .
6.2 Cleaning Steps
11. Starting on the driver’s side, clean headliner, front half12. Clean sun visors, visor mirror, và rear-view mirror13. Clean trim around doors và front window14. Clean / scrub dashboard15. Clean panel và steering column & glove box16. Scrub spots / stains on front carpets17. Apply shampoo và friction shampoo carpets ( if necessary )18. Using Extractor, extract all shampoo & dirt residue NOTE : Fortador PRO PLUS with built-in extractor will safe thời gian on drying Fabric Seats19. Scrub spots / stains on fabric seatsđôi mươi. Apply shampoo và friction shampoo seats ( if necessary )
21a. Using Extractor, extract all shampoo and dirt residue
21 b. If you have Steamer or Vaporiser, remove all chemical residues with steam following dry microfibre22. Using Scrubbier clean / scrub center console Vinyl / Leather Seats23. Scrub vinyl / leather upholstery with Scrubbier orRotary Shampooer & wipe dry24. Using Scrubbier clean / scrub center console25. Clean / shampoo front seat belts26. Push the front seat all the way forward27. Scrub spots / stains on front door panels28. Clean / shampoo door panels using either a Scrubbier, nylon scrub brush, or Rotary Shampooer. Wipe dry và / or extract residue29. Spray doorjamb và door edges with All Purpose cleaner ( as needed ) và wipe dry NOTE : avoid using the steamer on headliner & door panels, the double distance between tip và surface Khủng avoid damaging gluing REAR30. Place ” loose items bag ( s ) ” on the front seat31. Clean the headliner, back half from front phệ rear32. Clear the rear window deck ( be sure Khủng blow out the dirt near the window ) Fabric Seats33. See Steps 19 – 22 Vinyl / Leather Seats34. See Steps 23 – 2435. Clean / shampoo back of front seat following procedures for either fabric or vinyl / leather upholstery36. Scrub spots / stains on rear carpets37. Apply shampoo và friction shampoo carpets ( if necessary )38. UsingExtractor, extract all shampoo và dirt residue39. Scrub spots / stains on rear door panels40. Clean / shampoo rear door panels using either a Scrubbier, nylon scrub brush, or Rotary Shampooer. Wipe dry & / or extract residue41. Spray doorjamb & door edges with All Purpose Cleaner ( as needed ) và wipe dryDressing / Conditioning Procedure42. Starting on the driver’s side, move front béo back và dress all vinyl, leather, và rubber in the interior. Wipe off with dry towel for satin finish Window Cleaning Procedure43. Spray all interior windows và mirrors with glass cleaner44. Using a window towel, clean each window individually và dry45. Put all windows lao dốc và clean the top edge, put up again
6.3 Final Inspection Procedure
46. Make a complete kiểm tra of the interior, looking for dirt on carpets, improper application of dressing, dirty / smeared windows và correct47. Do a final vacuum ( if necessary )48. Spray deodorizer under front seats49. Put in a plastic floor mat, seat cover, litter bag50. Put in window sticker reminder ( if used ) TIP : If you have steamer few put few drops of aroma oil on the floor & spray steam into the spot, aroma smell will fulfil all car PS. I didn’t mention anything about the trunk, but of course, it is a part of the car và you need lớn take care of it also
Learn more how to correctly wash your microfiber towels to reuse them for long.
SUMMARY There you have it, a complete anatomy of what is needed béo kết thúc upwith a clean và flawless interior. Two detailers with the recommended equipment, tools, supplies, & chemicals, following the procedures outlined above were able mập clean the inside of an average dirty Chevrolet Tahoe in 36 minutes, a total of just under 1.5 man-hours .
Learn more about smoke smell removal out of car.
6.4 Fill this form to get FREE epub
Learn more about cleaning car baby seats
6.5 EXTRA Materials
6.6 Check How To Remove Mold from Car Interior
Read how lớn remove mold from car interior .